One of our top rated carriers made changes to their wellness crediting program to automatically give clients who maintain a healthy lifestyle the potential to be upgraded to a better underwriting offer and price.
This program is open to:
- All Ages
- All Face Amounts
- Most of their product line (some product exceptions apply)
An insured may be credited up to one classification, including from Preferred to Preferred Plus. This crediting program can improve substandard ratings, too.
Some of the criteria includes:
- BMI range of 22-29 (ages 18 and older)
- Untreated blood pressure < 120/80
- No incidents of CAD, diabetes or cancer in parents or siblings prior to age 60 years, or both parents live to age 75 or older
- Normal routine colonoscopies, mammograms, pap smears, CBCs, skin checks in the last 3 years
- Hemoglobin AIC readings 5.0 – 5.5 range in the last 12 months
Call the Underwriting Department to discuss your client’s health history and this program for the best possible outcome!
Diabetes is a metabolic disease in which a person has high blood sugar either because the body does not produce enough insulin or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced.
The most well known types of diabetes are:
- Type 1 (treated with insulin)
- Type 2 (treated with a combination of diet, exercise and oral medications) and
- Gestational diabetes (a type of diabetes which occurs during pregnancy.)
When diabetes is coupled with a client who is not an ideal weight, the underwriting class will increase.
We have an A+ carrier will give credit where credit is due – applying health and lifestyle credits to provide the best possible offer.
Let’s take a look at this case study:
- 54-year-old female
- Non-tobacco user
- Applying for $1 million of Term Life
- Has type 2 diabetes; treated with Metformin
- Build is 5′ 3″, 220 lbs
Initial work-up – Table 4
On submission and review by this A+ Rated carrier, the client received Credits for:
- Lifetime non-smoker
- Income > $100,000
- Preferred or better driving record
- Negative cardiac testing
- Controlled blood pressure
Once those positive credits were applied, this client went from Table 4 to an Underwriting Offer of Table 2.
Contact our Life Underwriting Team today – let’s work together to make your next sale!
One of our carriers rewards clients for their good health by granting credits against their health impairment ratings – resulting in better underwriting classes for permanent plan cases.
Studies have proven that people who live healthy lifestyles and who are generally fit, live longer – even if they have minor health issues.
During the underwriting process, this carrier will gather information from medical records, for applicants through age 70 around certain lifestyle factors and medical tests and will score each one. Their final score will then be used for the purposes of improving the underwriting class or offsetting the table rating.
- 64 year old male
- 5’11” 195 lbs
- Applying for $1.2 million of Universal life coverage
- Business owner
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus
- History of A1c testing reveals good control over last 5 years
The carrier initially offered Table 2.
Credits were applied based on the following favorable factors:
- Never used nicotine products
- Attending physician’s statement reveals regular aerobic exercise four times per week
- Colonoscopy screening normal
- PSA testing within normal limits
The carrier was then able to offer Standard Plus Non-Nicotine – a 3 class upgrade!
Our Underwriting Team is here to help with all of your impaired risk cases. Please contact us today for more information about this carrier – and details of how we can help boost your sales.
One of our carriers bases pricing of their table rated cases off of Standard Plus rates, rather than Standard rates like most of the others.
This pricing feature could make a significant difference to your clients’ with multiple health impairments.
Here is a success story:
- 46 -year -old male
- $5 million term policy
- No tobacco use
- 6’1”, 211 lbs.
- 2011 was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes treated with Metformin
- A1c level 7.8, Blood pressure 135/84, Total Cholesterol 273, HDL 41, LDL 125
- Normal urine protein
- Client’s mother died of a stroke at age 68
This carrier issued a Table 2, and the premium was based off of Standard Plus rates, resulting in a significant cost savings to the client.
Contact the Underwriting Department to find out which carrier we’ve spotlighted here – and to learn of more ways we can help lower the premiums on your clients’ impaired risk cases.
We are ready for the challenge…
Bring us your difficult cases and let us help you turn them into policies for your clients and commissions for you.
- Female, age 68, non-smoker
- Seeking $1 mil of UL
- Heart attack with two vessel disease and coronary bypass surgery performed 3.5 years ago
- Our offer: Standard!
Our experience and expertise make a difference – we’ll be your advocate.
Contact our Underwriting Team today.