Getting your clients to talk about Long-Term Care (LTC) can be very challenging. Many clients don’t believe that it will happen to them. They are under the impression they will not be among the 70% of Americans who need LTC at some point in their life.
So how do you get people interested and talking? The answer is simple, tell a story.
Here are some tips on storytelling to get people interested in LTC:
- Talk about your own experiences – this adds personal and emotional value
- Use stories from others – discuss their challenges and how they overcame them
- Express your emotions – explain how the situation made you feel, or how others felt
- Make sure it is relevant to your audience – if a potential client doesn’t have children, do not talk about how difficult an LTC situation is on the kids
- Don’t try too hard – people know when you are lying just to get a sale
- Keep it positive – don’t scare prospective clients with horror stories, educate them on the benefits of LTC
- Short and sweet is key – keep your clients interested by only focusing on important details
- Encourage discussion – ask questions and open up the dialogue to get potential clients involved and let them share their stories
The main goal of storytelling is to get prospective clients to visualize themselves needing LTC at some point, how great they will be taken care of, and how costs will be covered.
For more information please contact your LTC Specialist today!