Have you had a case that was recently declined through another source?
We may be able to help you find an offer – identifying the silver linings in challenging cases is a specialty of our Underwriting Team.
Here is a case study:
- Male, age 69, NS
- Seeking $1 mil of term coverage
- Previously declined based on his cardiac history
- In 4/2015, he had a heart attack and underwent successful stent placement for a severe obstruction in the right coronary artery – the cardiac catheterization also showed mild obstructions in two other left-sided arteries that did not require intervention.
- Follow up echocardiograms in 2015, 2018 and 2019 all showed mildly enlarged left atrium (upper left heart chamber) – but stress testing showed normal heart function and was negative for any ischemia (reduced blood flow to the heart)
- Up-to-date cholesterol levels were all normal
We were able to negotiate with one of our carriers to obtain a Standard non-tobacco offer, which resulted in a placed case with an annual premium of $13,500.
We can help you win financial security for your clients – give us an opportunity to take a fresh look at your recently declined cases.