Long-term care is often perceived as a difficult subject to discuss, but the ultimate goal – financial security – is the same as with any other type of insurance or investment that you currently offer your clients.
Don’t let the topic of long-term care intimidate you out of a potential sale.
The next time you sit down with you clients, avoid leading with product facts and statistics.
Try asking the following questions to start the conversation:
- Do you have personal experience with a family member or friend that needed long-term care?
- How and where was the care provided?
- How was your/their impacted physically and emotionally?
- How was the cost of care handled?
After discussing these details, ask your clients how they would handle that type of situation:
- Have you thought about the impact to your assets and family if you were to someday need long-term care?
- Where would you want to receive care?
- Could you financially absorb the cost of care?
- What level of involvement would your family have in your care?
The goal is to help your clients see LTC Insurance as the solution for a situation that could significantly impact their loved ones and their financial future.
They will begin to see the valuable benefits of LTC Insurance, which creates a natural segue into a discussion on product features and details. Suddenly, the topic you were hesitant to discuss has transitioned into an LTC Insurance sale.
We’re here to help you design a plan that is both affordable and the best solution for your clients’ needs – contact your LTCI Sales Rep for guidance.