Gastric ulcers, also known as peptic ulcers, are localized areas of erosion in the stomach lining that result in abdominal pain, possible bleeding and other gastrointestinal symptoms.
The most common cause of these ulcers is infection of the stomach by bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H.pylori). Other risk factors include alcohol use, smoking and use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Ulcers that are successfully treated with good follow up and documentation of healing generally get more favorable underwriting outcomes.
One of our A+ carriers offers competitive underwriting for this condition.
Take a look at this recent case study:
- 45- year- old male
- $5 million of Term coverage
- 6’0, 185 lbs
- Quit smoking cigarettes at age 25
- Both parents and siblings are living
- Had a GI bleed three years ago and was diagnosed with a gastric ulcer – treated with diet and medication – no problems since and has seen a gastroenterologist every six months for check-ups
- Exam, blood pressure, labs and EKG are all within normal limits
Underwriting Decision: Preferred Elite!
Contact our Underwriting Team for more information and let us help you find ways to generate more sales with great underwriting offers!