A top carrier has recently re-evaluated their underwriting practices for Active Military Personnel.
In light of the varying details each individual presents, military personnel will be underwritten on a case by case basis.
Take a look at what is taken into consideration during the underwriting assessment:
- Military Status
- Duty Assignments
- Requested Face Amount (The coverage amount must bear a reasonable relationship to the risk from a financial standpoint)
They will consider non-hazardous occupations or duty (others may apply):
- Administrative personnel
- Construction personnel
- Electronic and electrical equipment repair personnel
- Engineering, science and technical personnel
- Healthcare personnel
- Human resources development personnel
- Machine operator and repair personnel
- Media and public affairs personnel
A few exceptions do apply:
- Military pilots may be rated and/or require an Aviation Exclusion Rider
- The proposed insured is not currently serving in a war/combat zone and has no deployment orders to serve in a war/combat zone
- The proposed insured is not U.S. Special Forces (Army Rangers, Navy SEALs, Air Force Pararescue, Marine Raiders, etc.). Other exceptions apply.
Contact your underwriting department today to discuss this carrier option and your proposed insured’s unique details!