American women constitute as the largest economic workforce in the world.* Yet, the statistics reflect that women also typically lack proper disability coverage, more than men. AND women are 3 times more likely than men to lose their income as a result of a disability.**
With the ranks of working women changing daily, no woman can afford not to have a safety net around their income.
Why Women Are Lacking Coverage
According to a Health Insurance Association of America survey, there are two reasons why women lack proper disability coverage over men:
- Women are more likely to be employed by businesses that do not offer such coverage.
- Nurses | Percent of jobs held by women: 92%
- Secretaries/Administrative Assist | Percent of jobs held by women: 96.8%
- Dental Hygienist | Percent of jobs held by women: 86.5%
- Food service industry | Percent of jobs held by women: 71.6%
- Some women tend to think of their husbands as the main household provider and, therefore, do not think their income is as important.
- The loss of one income in a dual income household, is not only emotionally and physically devastating, but can cause a drastic change in the household’s lifestyle.
What about single parents?
The need for an income protection could not more important than to a single mother to protect her family. According to U.S. Census Bureau, out of 12 million single parent families in 2017, more than 80% were headed by single mothers.
Learn More Today how simple the process is to cover our clients.
The insurance carriers are making it easier than ever to secure this coverage without invasive exams and financial documentation. Insurance Carriers are issuing up to $6,000 of monthly benefit with only an application and telephone interview.
*Advisor Today 2012
**NAIC Commissioner’s Individual Disability Table A (1985)