It’s mid-February and love is in the air! An abundance of chocolate filled heart-shaped boxes and flower bouquets line the store shelves. So, what better time than now to talk about underwriting and “matters of the heart”?
Cardiac related impaired risk cases can get somewhat challenging in underwriting. There are many different types of heart conditions – from coronary artery disease to arrhythmias to congestive heart failure and everything in between. With each of these conditions, there are many different factors the carriers consider when determining their underwriting decisions. We know just what to look for in these cases, and which carriers to seek out for the best possible outcomes. Take for instance this recent cardiac success story.
- 84 year old female, non smoker
- Applying for $1 million of permanent coverage
- Diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation (arrhythmia) and Right Bundle Branch Block (heart block) and uses a pacemaker implant
- Good compliance with recommended cardiac follow up and testing
- We put our noses to the grindstone and worked the emporium to match the case to a carrier willing to offer a Table 2 rating – the case was eventually placed inforce and resulted in commissionable premium of over $74,000.
It is a win-win when your Underwriting team is involved with your cases, we leverage our experience to win it for your clients and for you. Get to the heart of the matter – we get the offers you need, to get your clients the insurance they need.